Terms and Conditions
By starting your driving lessons, you accept the terms and conditions laid out below. They form part of a contract between the pupil, the Instructor, and Titanium Driving Academy (TDA).
Your driving instructor’s dealings with you.
1. Your Driving Instructor will be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) and licensed to give paid instruction
2. All our instructors must abide by the DVSA voluntary code of practice and the Titanium Brand Policy.
3. Your Driving Instructor will behave in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
4. Clients are always treated with respect and consideration. They won’t be discriminated against regardless of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability (unless road safety is at risk), or any other factor. We do reserve the right not to give instruction. This will not in any way contravene legislation or be for reasons of discrimination.
5. Your Instructor will avoid physical contact with you at all times. However, this is with the exception of a normal greeting or in an emergency situation. Your safety is important, and so is that of any other road user.
6. We expect to provide you with the same Instructor and vehicle for all of your lessons. But, through circumstances beyond our control i.e. in the event of a vehicle breakdown or your Instructor being ill, we may have to reallocate you to an alternative Instructor.
7. Your Instructor will expect a professional approach from you and a willingness to undertake tuition. He/she will not tolerate abusive behaviour, bad language, or inappropriate clothing for the purposes of safe driving. This also includes you appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Your Instructor will discuss any queries or concerns with you in the first instance. But, where there is an unwillingness to cooperate, then the Instructor reserves the right to terminate the lesson or course with loss of fee. No refunds will be given.
Terms of Business dealings
1. Your Instructor is self employed and operates on a Sole Trader basis in providing driving instruction services. You should discuss any disputes or claims with your instructor in the first instance.
2. We will safeguard any monies paid in advance to the Company. TDA cannot be held responsible for any money paid in advance to the Instructor. Also, it won’t refund any lessons not taken but paid for where the pupil has paid the Instructor in advance. TDA recommends you should always ask for a receipt when paying monies to your Instructor. You should contact the Instructor direct should you need a refund.
3. We will use all deposits taken to book tests and issue study material. But, these are non-refundable.
4. The full balance for an intensive driving course is payable to the Instructor on the first day of the course. If we have received full payment in advance, from the website booking facility, we will provide a receipt. We calculate partial refunds for lessons unused as if the pupil booked single lessons at the full lesson price.
Terms of Cancellations
5. If you wish to cancel or reschedule a driving lesson you must contact your Instructor. This must be at least two working days before the lesson. In the event of the lesson being part of a course you must give at least two weeks notice. You will lose the money for that lesson or lessons if you fail to give this notice.
6. If your Instructor needs to cancel a lesson, he/she must give you a free driving lesson. This will apply if they cannot give you 48 hours notice. This does not apply in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the instructor or company. For example (but not limited to) mechanical breakdown or sudden illness.
7. You must use any money paid in advance for driving lessons to TDA or to your Instructor within three calendar months. This is from the date it was paid otherwise you will lose this money. If you need an extension on this please telephone 07763 258480 before the end of the three month period. We will consider this request in exceptional circumstances.
8. If you book a driving course of any kind, you might change your mind. If, within seven days of paying the deposit or full payment – and providing no tests or lessons have taken place then you may cancel the course. This must make this request in writing to TDA and return any study material in good condition.
9. If we have received full payment, TDA will book practical tests on request. But, test availability of is out of the company’s control. The responsibility for the waiting times for tests is also out of the Company’s control.
Terms of Basic rules of entitlement to drive
1. You must be entitled to drive and hold a valid UK provisional licence. In the event of a banned driver training for a retest you must be legally entitled to take professional tuition. You must bring your licence (photo ID) with you to your driving lessons. You will lose the lesson and be charged if you fail to bring this with you.
2. You must be able to read a number plate from the required distance laid out in the Highway Code. Your Instructor will check your eyesight. It is your responsibility to ensure that your vision is adequate for the driving test and also for general safe driving.
3. You must bring with you the required documents for your practical driving test. This includes your driving licence (photo ID), your theory test pass certificate, and your letter of appointment. This is in the form of an email from the DVSA. You will lose your test fee if you fail to bring these documents with you and the test will not go ahead.
4. When a driving test is booked (by yourself or by us on your behalf) you will receive an e-mail confirming the appointment from the DVSA. Your Instructor needs to see the e-mail as soon as possible. Test dates and times which have been texted to the Instructor could be lost and information given by telephone could be misheard. The test date is important and it is the pupils responsibility to ensure the Instructor is aware when the test will take place.
Terms Concerning Your Test?
5. Your Instructor will tell you when you are ready to apply for a driving test taking into account local waiting times. Please do not book a driving test without discussing it first with your Instructor. Your Instructor will expect you to continue to make progress in your lessons and achieve a satisfactory standard to take the test. If the Instructor feels you have not achieved the required standard then he will discuss where improvements are needed and the number of extra lessons required.
Your Instructor reserves the right to withdraw his vehicle for the test should you not reach the required standard.
In this event no refund for your test or driving course will be considered. Please note that in the case of one or two week courses it may be that we cannot tell you of this until after the cancellation deadline for the test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee.
6. In the event of mechanical failure on the day of your test we will do our best to arrange a different car. If this is not possible and you are unable to take the test then your instructor will arrange to pay for another driving test for you. This is the limit of his or her liability.
Terms If Things Go Wrong.
We will pass the matter on to our Customer Services Manager if you are not satisfied with our solution. Once notified, they will contact you within 48 hours. The Manager aims to respond to all complaints within 28 days. If the Manager is unable to provide a final response within 28 days then he/she will write to let you know the reason for the delay. If after receiving the Managers response you are still not completely satisfied then you may write to the following address. Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, The Axis Building, 112 Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham, NG1 6LP